Monday, August 3, 2015

Weight loss in 30 days! (Part 1)

Couple of days ago, a girlfriend's wedding invitation finally arrived in my mailbox. I was so excited I literally jumping up and down for like 2 minutes. I was excited because my friend is finally getting married but I am more than excited that I can finally wear the outfit that I bought couple of months ago especially for the wedding. Hurray!

Being overly excited as always, I decided to don the outfit and have my very own personal mini fashion show at home. Unfortunately, things did not turn out as I expected. I can barely fit into the outfit anymore! Well, not that I cannot fit in it at all, but y' know, when an outfit fits you but not as comfortable as you want it to be kinda feeling? Well, that's how I felt at that moment. How annoying!


Should I get myself a new outfit or 
should I just lose some extra pounds and inches just to fit in it?


I've made up my mind! Instead of spending another few hundred ringgit on a new outfit, I decided to challenge myself to lose some extra pounds, well inches actually. I don't really care how much I weight but the fact that I can no longer fit in my outfit is haunting me day and night.

Yup, you heard me! After saying that "I need to workout, I need to lose some extra pounds" on and on for more or less a decade, I finally got my butt off that comfy bed I have in my room and really start working out. And this time, I decided to stick to ONLY ONE program instead of few programs and give up halfway!


After browsing through the net for few hours searching for the right program to stick to, I came across Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video on Youtube. Just type "30 Day Shred" on Youtube and you'll definitely find them. 

There are 3 LEVELS for you to follow throughout the program.
LEVEL 1 for the first 10 days
LEVEL 2 for the next 10 days, and
LEVEL 3 for the last 10 days

Yup, 30 days without a single rest day. Oh wait, now I remember! I tried this a year ago when I was in Yemen and not to my surprise I actually gave up after the first day because my body was aching like crazy the next morning. Aigoooo.


After debating with myself for few hours, I finally decided to give this program another try. Alhamdulillah, I'm on my DAY 3 today. I can't believe it myself that I actually doing it even though every time when it's time to workout, I'll go "lagi lima minit lah. lagi lima minit lah!" I made it this far! Day 3 is nothing?! Well, honestly my friend, I usually gave up after DAY 2 and being able to proceed to Day 3 is somewhat a big achievement to me.


What is the hardest part of the workout you ask?


Getting yourself off the chair and bed for 30 minutes every day for the next 30 days without any rest day is the hardest part of the workout. Trust me! Especially when you're a procrastinator like me. Haih! But yeah, the push ups, crunches and weight lifting are hard too but I guess I can handle it for now even though my arms and abs are aching like nobody business for the past few days. Hiks!



Will be continued ...


1 comment:

  1. good luck to u! =)

    http://myartcrafting.blogspot.com/2015/07/syawal-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)