Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nana Diaries: An Awesome Uncle


Zainal Adelin Bin Mohamed. A man that has been a part of my life for almost twenty three years. He's the youngest son in the family and one of the closest uncle I ever had. When I was young, he was the one who always carry me around, makes me laugh, buy me stuffs especially "bunga api" during raya. He was the one who light up the house at night with firecrackers. He was an uncle who always commented on each and every single status I updated in Facebook. He was the uncle that my friends said "you have a cool uncle!" Yes, he is my uncle and will always be one of the special people in my life.

Few days ago, he had a heart attack. He thought it was just a normal pain so, he decided to bear it alone. Yesterday at two in the evening, he called aunty and said he was really in pain and has asked her to take him to see the doctor. When aunty saw him, he was really in a bad condition so she called her elder brother, dad. Dad went to the hospital but he was too late. Uncle has passed away a minute or two before. Alhamdulillah, aunty was there with him.

I came back from class with tons of plan to do. I want to send my shoes for repair, take the car for a wash, finish up my homework, buy stuffs for my baking session on the weekends and more. When I got home, mum told me that uncle was in the hospital. I thought it wasn't that bad and asked mum when are we going to visit him and she said later at 4.30. While waiting for the time to pass, I thought of sending him a "get well soon" message on Facebook since it has been a while since I talked to him but I don't know why I didn't.

At four, mum told me that uncle has passed away. I was so shocked I can barely stand. I was wordless I did not know what to say besides "innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun". Mum and I went to fetch sister from school. I didn't talk much. Once at home, I got into the shower and started crying for almost half an hour. I really feel the lost. At aunt's I tried my best not to cry. But seeing my 17 year old cousin and his younger brothers and sisters crying made it so hard for me not to cry. I went upstairs and did my maghrib prayer and du'a. Alhamdulillah, I felt much better since. 

Today, after mandikan jenazah, we cousins  (and aunts) took turn to look and kiss arwah for one last time. It was so sad I can't stop myself from crying. Plus, looking at my not-even-twelve-year-old cousin crying non stop at the corner made it worst. Alhamdulillah, everything went well. Remember how we kept on complaining that every day is so hot in Malaysia? Well, alhamdulillah it wasn't hot at all masa pengebumian. Redup je. Once everything is done, the rain starts to turun. Hujan tu kan rahmat Allah. Semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmatNya. Amin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)